1" class="active" /> 2" alt="slideshow image 2" /> 3" alt="slideshow image 3" /> 4" alt="slideshow image 4" /> 5" alt="slideshow image 5" />

Welcome

Bliss can be defined as "supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment; heaven; paradise." I think that bliss is a wonderful adjective to describe my life. But I'd be kidding myself to think it was completely perfect...thus "imperfect bliss." You'll find there is no rhythm or organization to my posts...merely ramblings of my life as a mother of three. Feel free to join us on our journey. Life is a journey after all...

The comedian.

In preparation for "back to school," I have been trying to review some school work with the kids.  Jackson and I have been working on and off this summer on math and reading.  (More "off," I admit.)  Sawyer has been practicing writing his letters and reading a bit, too.  After watching his brother do math flash cards yesterday, Sawyer decided that he also wanted to practice some flash cards.  I happened to have some "sight word" flash cards up in the cabinet so I pulled them down for him.  (For those of you who don't know what "sight words" are...they are words to memorize rather than read.  Think words like "me," "the," "this," etc.)  After reading a few words, I could tell that Sawyer had changed his mind about the whole review session.  We got to the word "be."

Sawyer:  Beh.
Me:  No.  That's a long E.  Do you know what that means?
Sawyer:  Yes.  Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.  There.  Was that long enough??

He then burst out into uncontrollable giggles.  Session over.  Close the books.  We are heading outside to swing!

( p.s. -- Love that kid.  He always has a way of making me smile.)



0 comments:

Post a Comment