1" class="active" /> 2" alt="slideshow image 2" /> 3" alt="slideshow image 3" /> 4" alt="slideshow image 4" /> 5" alt="slideshow image 5" />

Welcome

Bliss can be defined as "supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment; heaven; paradise." I think that bliss is a wonderful adjective to describe my life. But I'd be kidding myself to think it was completely perfect...thus "imperfect bliss." You'll find there is no rhythm or organization to my posts...merely ramblings of my life as a mother of three. Feel free to join us on our journey. Life is a journey after all...

95 degrees and one foot of snow...

And I mean exactly one foot of snow...period.

Several years ago "Great John" and Aunt Linda sent us snow for Christmas.  I don't know why we never used it.  Anyway, the other day I was cleaning out closets and found the box of snow.  In my freakishly determined state of mind to "clear the clutter" -- I put the box aside.  It was not in the trash pile.  It was not in the keep pile.  It was just set aside by itself.  After I threw out the junk and carefully reorganized the few items that made the final cut...I came back to the box of snow.  This could be really fun, I thought.

So last night, after the sun began to set and the heat let up just a tiny bit...we took the box and headed outside.  The directions read:  Add one scoop of snow powder to cup and fill with water, then watch the snow fluff up.  After reminding the kids not to eat the snow....poof!  We had a foot of snow!

Finley wasn't too sure at first...thank goodness she was wearing boots.
It didn't take her long to start playing...
Hot rosey cheeks, sweaty foreheads....and snow!!


What a fun thing to play with in the middle of summer!  Feel it squish between your fingers...toss a handful in the air...get a little messy....just don't eat it...snow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment