1" class="active" /> 2" alt="slideshow image 2" /> 3" alt="slideshow image 3" /> 4" alt="slideshow image 4" /> 5" alt="slideshow image 5" />

Welcome

Bliss can be defined as "supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment; heaven; paradise." I think that bliss is a wonderful adjective to describe my life. But I'd be kidding myself to think it was completely perfect...thus "imperfect bliss." You'll find there is no rhythm or organization to my posts...merely ramblings of my life as a mother of three. Feel free to join us on our journey. Life is a journey after all...

Another first.

Easter, of course!   You know...baby's the princess's first Easter!!

So...let's recap the day. Actually, let's start with a picture of the eggs we dyed at home. I must say...there is something about the permanence of egg dye that makes me really nervous. Especially when it is used by a 4 and 6 year old. Drink, mama. Anyway, we managed to get the dye on the eggs and not anywhere else. Shew!
Ok...on to Easter. Now...if I were my two boys...I would have been quite concerned about whether or not the big bunny would actually show up. They were sooooo excited the night before and were up until 11:30 pm! Even all the threats about the Easter bunny not showing up didn't make them stay in bed.

So here is a picture of them coming down the stairs on Easter morning. It perfectly catches their expressions and the differences in their personalities. Jackson is thinking, "If that damn bunny didn't bring me anything I'm going to make this entire day miserable for everybody." Sawyer, on the other hand, has no doubt in the world that the Easter bunny came...and doesn't even consider the fact that he might actually not have shown up.
Fortunately for them...he did show up and leave a little something.

Now...for the annual seating of the princess...(sounds impressive, right?). And yes, that's my little girl in blue. I'm not too proud to dress her in her brother's hand-me-downs. Blue by night...pink by day. That's how we roll.
She's thinking, "Are you kidding me with this?? There's a giant basket in my way. Where's my breakfast??"
Then she suddenly realizes it's a basket of toys. Breakfast, scmhreakfast.
Then off to church we went. Because we don't normally go to my parents' church, we sat in the back. I mean, we did have 3 kids! (Ok...who am I kidding. We always sit in the back at our church, too.) Little Miss Fin made it about 3 minutes into the service before she was whisked off to the nursery. The boys actually did ok. (You see, at our church...they leave during the service and go to "Children's Church." So sitting through the entire service was not an easy task.) I did my best to try and get them to sing, etc. At one point Jackson said, "Mommy. I don't like singing in front of people." He quickly surveyed the scene and, noting that we were in the last pew, he added, "and I don't like singing behind people, either."

After church, the kids did get to hunt for Easter eggs. I'm not posting any pictures because I couldn't chase them around the house fast enough! I did, however, get a few quick poses in their nice clothes. Imagine that...me with a camera.

They always look so sweet and innocent in pictures.
And now for pictures of Lovie.  I know, I know...the boys can tell their therapist all about how Mama always took pictures of the baby...  What can I say...she's changing by the minute and doesn't talk back.
You're really going to leave me on this hard, cold floor?  Really??  Someone pick me up already.
Whatcha' doing on the floor, Mama?
Ok.  I melt when I see this one.
 Even cute in black and white.
 That's all I've got.  Until next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment