1" class="active" /> 2" alt="slideshow image 2" /> 3" alt="slideshow image 3" /> 4" alt="slideshow image 4" /> 5" alt="slideshow image 5" />

Welcome

Bliss can be defined as "supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment; heaven; paradise." I think that bliss is a wonderful adjective to describe my life. But I'd be kidding myself to think it was completely perfect...thus "imperfect bliss." You'll find there is no rhythm or organization to my posts...merely ramblings of my life as a mother of three. Feel free to join us on our journey. Life is a journey after all...

Conversations.

Jackson got off the bus the other day and said, "Mom, Caroline told me a secret today.  A secret!  That means I wasn't supposed to know it."

"Really.  Well...what was the secret she told you?" I asked.

"Well," he said, "Maddie is in love with me."  He paused a moment and sighed.  "Life sure was easier before I knew that secret."
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jackson and Sawyer were talking at lunch the other day.  Sawyer said, "Jackson, remember when you used to always eat hamburgers instead of cheeseburgers?  You'd whine and say, 'I don't want a cheeseburger!  I don't like cheeseburgers!!  I want a hamburger!!!'  So, Jackson, why do you eat cheeseburgers now?"

"Well, Soy," Jackson said most sincerely, "I hit rock bottom."
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
While driving in the car after picking Sawyer up from preschool, the boys were having a conversation about college and their futures. "Sawyer," Jackson began, "did you know that after college you can't move back home?"

"What!?!"  Sawyer said in  disbelief.  "Why??"

"That's just how it is," Jackson said.

Sawyer was a little upset by this news and seemed a bit worried.  "Well, where are you going to live, Jackson?"

"Chicago," Jackson said quite matter-of-factly.  "Where are you going to live, Sawyer?"

"I'm going to live in our neighborhood.  That way Mommy and Daddy can come over sometime for a play-date.  Right, Mama?"

"Sounds great, Sawyer," I said.

Jackson added, "Well, Mom.  When another house in our neighborhood comes up for sale...text me and I'll buy it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment